Extent: 5cr (135 h)
Timing: 2th - 6th semester
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The course has no special starting requirement
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand and describe Digital Marketing as a strategic tool in today’s international business environment
- Gain in-depth knowledge of inbound marketing and content marketing
- Apply digital marketing theories to practical marketing campaigns
- Understand how companies can use and leverage search engine marketing (SEO), email marketing and mobile marketing.
- Understand what kind of opportunities WhatsApp and instant mobile messaging offer to companies today.
- Develop an action plan in order to implement digital marketing for any company
- Create a simple digital marketing plan for a company
- Introduction to Digital Marketing: SOSTAC model, Content marketing & Inbound Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing & WhatsApp Marketing
- Why companies need to create a digital marketing plan
- How to create digital marketing plan using SOSTAC planning model
- How to promote your business with Content marketing & Inbound Marketing
- How to promote your business with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- How to promote your business Email Marketing
- How to promote your business Mobile Marketing & WhatsApp
- How to create a digital marketing plan for your business
- Interviews with Finnish digital marketing experts
- Examples and case studies
- Questions and answers
Cooperation with the business community
Course includes interviews with experts from the business community on how they recommend using digital marketing.
Course includes case studies and examples of successful digital marketing campaigns and also interviews of successful digital marketers.
Teaching and learning methods
The course consists of virtual learning and independent work.
100% virtual course
Forum discussions and participation is an important part of the course
Student can access the course material (video tutorials and materials) in Moodle
More than 60 video tutorials and other materials that are inside the course
SOSTAC - Guide To Your Perfect Digital Marketing Plan by PR Smith 2014. PR Smith Marketing
Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less: How to Tell a Different Story, ... and Win More Customers by Marketing Less, Joe Pulizzi, 2014
Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online Halligan, B. & Shah, D. 2014.
Video Marketing Tips and Strategies for Small Business Rouhiainen, L. 2013. Amazon
Social Media blogs and authority sites mentioned on the course
Course assessment is based on:
- Self assessment students complete at the end of the course
- Quizzes student complete and the end of each topic (5 in total)
- Digital marketing plan that student will create at the end of the course.