The Pasila campus has good public transport connections by train, tram and bus. The campus is situated right next to the Pasila Railway Station and Messukeskus, Expo and Convention Centre Helsinki.
The campus has approximately 5,000 students and 350 staff.
The main entrance is mainly open during educational weeks Mon-Fri at 7.30 - 19.15 and Sat at 8.00 - 15.00.
The Pasila campus offers the following degree programmes:
- Degree Programme for Multilingual Management Assistants (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme for Multilingual Management Assistants (in English)
- Degree Programme in Business (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in International Business (in English)
- Degree Programme in Information Technology (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in Business Information Technology (in English)
- Degree Programme in Journalism (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in Sales (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in International Business Management (Master) (in English)
- Degree Programme in Business Development (Master) (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in Information Systems Management (Master) (in Finnish)
- Degree Programme in Information Systems Management (Master) (in English)
- Degree Programme in Tourism (Master) (in English)
- Degree Programme in Communication Management (Master) (in English)
The admissions office and student affairs office are located on the 2nd floor of the Pasila campus.
Information about the learning environment
In addition to degree studies, Pasila campus also offers specialisation studies, eMBA training and customised training and education packages for domestic and international corporate customers. There is daily co-operation with corporate partners at the research and development centre. Pasila campus also hosts Haaga-Helia’s School of Vocational Teacher Education.
Pasila campus offers facilities for educational use, training purposes, events, individual instruction, independent studies, online learning and group work. Independent working at Pasila campus is facilitated by about 2,000 computers with 1G internet connections. The campus also has a free Wi-Fi. IT services and Helpdesk support with IT issues when necessary. Haaga-Helia’s library in Pasila loans out printed works as well as a wide range of eBooks, articles and other materials from the entire Haaga-Helia collection, to those with a library card.
Accessibility and support for learning
Students with reduced mobility are taken into consideration at Pasila campus. Taxis can stop in front of the main entrance of the campus, and there is a wheelchair ramp to the entrance. All floors on the campus are accessible by lift and equipped with automatic doors on each side of the main lift shaft.
Students receive support for their studies from student tutors, student counsellors and teachers. Student counseling supports students’ learning and study planning. During first year of study, students draw up a personal learning plan (HOPS), which they update annually as they progress in their studies.
Information about living costs
Haaga-Helia’s Student Union Helga is a statutory part of the university of applied sciences, and its most important duty is promoting the interests of students. The student organisations have offices at the Pasila campus.
The Student Financial Aid Committee of the Pasila campus is located on the 2nd floor. It gives out statements for applications for student financial aid where needed and at the request of Kela, the Social Insurance Institution of Finland.
HOAS, the Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region, lets student housing in the Helsinki Region: www.hoas.fi
The Pasila campus features two restaurants. They provide lunch at student rates for students who have a valid student card or meal subsidy card at the cash desk.
Health care services
Statutory health care services of university students are the responsibility of health stations and public health nurses working at educational institutions. The Pasila campus has a psychiatric nurse, a psychologist and a university chaplain.
The campus features a gym and sports and exercise hall.